The latest issue of Concrete Quarterly is Summer 2019
This issue features:
- ALL DAY AND ALL OF THE NIGHT: Nicholas Hare’s gateway building for University College London keeps working even after the students have gone to bed
- BAUHAUS CUBED: Weimar’s minimalist new museum offers a nuanced take on the Bauhaus’ early years
- STAYING BOWER: AHMM creates a new piece of city with an inventive revamp of a 1960s office complex
- SPECTRAL BEAUTY: BPN’s Ghost House shows that all-concrete homes are nothing to be scared of
- PERFECT TIMING: Careful planning is critical when it comes to the remediation of exposed concrete
- CONCRETE’S OTHER HALF: Why timber formwork is its perfect match
- RETURN OF THE RIB: Trough, coffer or waffle? Introducing the world of the ribbed slab
- LASTING IMPRESSION: Simon Goode’s Californian and Japanese inspirations; and remembering IM Pei
Concrete Quarterly online magazine
CQ magazine can now be explored online from your computer, tablet or phone. Visit www.concretecentre.com/CQ
Alternatively, to view the PDF version or receive a hard copy of the magazine, by post, subscribe to CQ for free. You will receive priority access to the PDF issue and delivery of the hard copy, for one year.
This publication widens the understanding of post-tensioned floor construction and illustrates the considerable benefits.
£55.00 + VAT
This publication assists engineers in understanding the common challenges of building tall.
The buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly.
Gives likely structural options for a concrete frame, with useful points to note - written by engineers for engineers.
This publication seeks to provide information for structural engineers who are designing tall buildings in concrete.
An all-you-need-to-know guide on the specification of sustainable concrete.
Concrete's ability to provide passive cooling is widely applied in both new and refurbished buildings; this guide explains thermal mass and its advantages.
This document provides information on the material and resource efficiency of concrete and masonry.
A magazine to celebrate 10 years of the concrete industry sustainable construction strategy.